Tipo de contrato
Salario sin especificar
Descripción del empleo
Valeo is one of the world´s leading automotive suppliers of components and integrated systems for both the original equipment and aftermarket sectors. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions, to the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving.
The production plant of Martos, certified Top Employer 2018, has around 3000 employees. Belonging to the Visibility System Business Group. The Martos Site is developing and manufacturing Lighting Products and Electronics. From the latest adaptive lighting technologies to intuitive interior lighting solutions to stylish and design-centric external lighting, Valeo constantly innovates to improve comfort and safety for drivers and passengers alike.
- The R&I Optical Engineer is responsible for the design and validation of optical systems for R&I projects of P3 and P2 types. He/she can also support P1 project activities
- He/she participates in the daily life organization and creativity within the R&I Optics Department
- He/she participates in the maintenance and upgrade of optical measurement facilitiesResponsibilities:
Development of innovative optical systems for R&I projects
- Contributes to defining the global innovation product and ensures the detailed design of the optical elements which compose it
- If necessary, implements new design tools to ensure efficient and quality optical designs
- Investigates and implements new concepts on said R&I projects, including, if relevant, the integration of studies made by Research Laboratories and/or Academic Partners
- Is responsible for the manufacturing of proof-of-concept mock-ups, ensures technical specifications and requested timings are in compliance with Valeo Quality standards
- Is responsible for the characterization of physical parts (mock-ups, initial samples, prototypes, representative sets) to check compliance with requirements. Performs detailed analysis on gaps between samples and standard parts, applying Quality methodology (e.g. QRQC) in case of deviation
- Participates actively to the drafting of standards linked with new concepts: design rules, design guidelines, user guide for software tools. Ensures knowledge transfer towards Optical Engineers in Regional Operations so that they become autonomous
- Reports his actions to hierarchical Métier Manager and Project Manager
- In case of P1 projects associated to P2 projects, he/she can also support P1 projects
- Master’s degree or Engineering degree or PhD in the field of Optics and Photonics.
Preferred : 2 years experience in the optical industry, preferably in the field of production products