Our client is a rapidly growing cloud software platform company with a mission to connect every person and everything. Customers use the company to energize their growth and profitability through our Global Software Defined Cloud and turnkey solutions, which feature relevant content, applications, and connectivity worldwide. Technologies integrated into our cloud platform include the following: HPE, IBM, Ribbon Communications (Sonus+GenBand), NetNumber, Oracle, Microsoft, and other world class technology providers. All relevant customer-acquired value is derived from the company's leading Global Software Defined Cloud, which delivers award-winning mobile enablement, regardless of the user's location or network. By harnessing the value of communications, the company serves retail, enterprise, and IoT customers.
The company currently has offices in New York, Sao Paulo, Madrid, Barcelona, Indonesia, Bahrain, Belgium, Germany, Singapore, and the Netherlands.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this Technology Leader and help to build and structure a worldwide team of professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your main focus is the performance, integrity and security of databases and their general maintenance including, planning, designing, development and troubleshooting.
- Overall management and ownership of the database servers
- Ensure day to day Business Continuity.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and/or drastically enhance existing ones, customizing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Planning and implementing migrations, upgrades, hot fixes, patching and other general database server related administration/maintenance tasks.
- Increasing the resilience, reliability and ultimately, the availability of all databases related services.
- Monitoring of database server instances
- Query optimization and performance tuning
- Responsible for quality control by auditing database integrity to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Designing, implementing, managing, and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Ensuring that maintenance tasks and archiving procedures are functioning properly.
- Working closely with the development and support teams to enhance performance and 2nd and 3rd level support of ad hoc requests, incident and problem resolution of all databases related servers (production and non-production)
- Troubleshooting and following up of alerts
- Facilitate teams to collaboratively engage in a design process. Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, application developers and others to understand business and industry requirements.
- Performing capacity planning and database growth analysis
- Developing and administering data standards, policies, and procedures
- Research interaction design trends
- Perform other duties as assigned.